The Compassionate Hearts Young Writers Award
The Compassionate Hearts Young Writers Award is a contest created to promote excellence in writing at the high school level. Our goal with this competition is to recognize outstanding writing achievement by high school students.
Each year, students in the 10th, 11th, and 12th grades will be invited to enter in one of the following categories:
- Poetry: Two-three poems.
- Fiction: A short story (1,500 words or fewer).
- Nonfiction: A personal or academic essay (750 words or fewer).
One winner will be selected in each category.
- The winner in each category will be awarded a prize of $500 each.
- All entries must be original work and sponsored by a high school teacher. A cover letter and a letter from the student’s English/literature teacher will need to accompany all submissions.
- The competition will run, annually, from November 25 to January 25. Winners will be selected and posted in our website by February 28, 2021. Winners will be contacted via email/mail.
Where to submit your pieces?
- Cover letters, pieces, and teachers’ letters must be sent to:
Compassionate Hearts UNITED Foundtion, Inc.
(Attn: The Compassionate Hearts Young Writers Award)
P.O. Box 1114 Haines City, FL 33845
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
by (Contest will open again on November 25th, 2020)
Apply for Our Writing Contests:
Contest Information Sheet